What you give to us and why
We do not sell your personal data.
Our Service is contingent upon the verification of our User’s identities. Therefore, we collect personally identifiable information to allow for the verification of identity (“KYC”) and to allow the identification of people who are misusing the application for nefarious purposes. As a part of the identity verification process, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties. For example, if you login with Google both Intrepid Women and Google have access to the information you provided.
We also may contract with third parties, such as Garbo (http://www.garbo.io), to verify that Users do not have a history that may disqualify them from becoming a User.
The personally identifiable information that is currently collected is:
- – Full legal name
- – Phone number
- – Email address
Other information that is generated by using the service:
- – Geolocation tracking during a match
- – Frequented places
- – Mobility habits, such as walking, using a bus, a car, a bike, or a scooter
- – Non-personal information such as IP address, and the type of mobile device used
- – Reported information that the User knowingly generates
Other permissions you give to us
By using the Service you grant us the permission to:
- – View a User’s contact list, so a User can add contacts to their safety net at the click of a button.
- – View and track a User’s geolocation when the “Pairing active” feature is enabled. This allows us to find a buddy that is close to you.
- – View and track a User’s geolocation when two people are paired together. This allows us to better understand User behavior to optimize the Service and it allows us to understand safety concerns reported by Users.
- – Verify User identity using personal information provided to Intrepid Women by the User. This allows us to keep the platform safe.
- – Write and send emails to the email account provided. These emails may contain marketing, notifications about policy changes, or other communication pertinent to the User from the Service provider.
- – Send SMS messages from a User’s phone to the predetermined phone numbers that a User has entered in their Safety net. This safety feature is so that the User may communicate easily with multiple parties that they are in transit.
Appropriate cybersecurity measures will be taken to ensure the security of User’s private data. Personally identifiable data will not be transferred to another location without the notification of the User.
Personally identifiable information will be stored as long as the User is an “Active User.” If a person deletes the app on their phone, their personal information will be removed after 60 days of inactivity from the databases. To delete their account sooner than the 60 days, users may submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Data that the User generates from their interaction with the Service, despite deleting their account, will remain in the database unless the User submits a written request for removal. Intrepid Women may deny this request if there is pending arbitration case, an unresolved dispute, or otherwise requested from law enforcement, government agencies, or other authorities with legal jurisdiction over said User’s data history.
Data Transfer to Third Parties
Intrepid Women does not transfer any personally identifiable information to third parties outside of the normal process for identity verification, unless required by law. User’s personal data is NOT transferred to advertisers.
Intrepid Women, Inc reserves the right to transfer data:
- – To developers or third parties that are contracted specifically for app software development or maintenance
- – To third parties following a judicial order, a verdict, a judicial, decision, or any demand made by an authorized authority.
- – As evidence between the Service provider and the User for arbitration.
Intrepid Women reserves the right to transfer non-personally identifiable information to third parties such as statistical information about User’s activity on the app or information regarding an incident report.
Right to Review Information
Users have the right to review and request the data that is collected about them. To request the collected data, please write to:
24A Trolley Square #1460
Wilmington, DE 19806-3334
Or email email@example.com